Subscribe

For treats & updates, sign up to my newsletters here


Tuesday 14 January 2014

Things I've been making since last week

Printing lots of linocut bluebirds/lovebirds onto old book pages...


...to turn into Valentine's cards!
Available in my Etsy shop here
© Laura Long 2014
Designing the rest of my Valentine's card range; 'swept off my feet,'what a sentimental soul I am!

'Swept off my feet' - available here
© Laura Long 2014 
'You and me, sitting in a tree.. k-i-s-s-i-n-g'
© Laura Long 2014 
'You're my favourite'
© Laura Long 2014 
 Making lots of mini accordion fold 'brag' books:
© Laura Long 2014
© Laura Long 2014 
I decided it was time to broaden my range of cover choices for my mini 3 x 3" accordion books, these will be in my Etsy shop soon. I tried out a new design without the ribbons on the wavy pattern one, what do people think? Ribbons or no ribbon?

I've also been trying to improve my photography skills when photographing my 2D artwork, does anyone have any suggestions of how I can photo my prints better? Here's two I've tried to re-shoot. The yellow picture is actually a heat press dye print on chiffon, based on an A1 linocut I made last year.
Birds in the Apple Tree, by Laura Long
© Laura Long 2014 
Available here
© Laura Long 2014 

I've also been working on a super sentimental linocut print relating to star gazing,  but you'll have to wait until next week to find out more..


No comments:

Post a Comment