Subscribe

For treats & updates, sign up to my newsletters here


Tuesday 25 March 2014

Behind the scenes: recent commissions

So I've been a bit quiet on here over this last month as I've been busy with lots of delightful commissions. I thought I'd share a couple of them with you and a bit about how they evolved into the finished works.

This was a really fun piece, creating a watercolour portrait for a lovely customer all the way in Tel Aviv!



But the project that has got me really excited has been this one.. I was asked to illustrate and bind a collection of poems for a lucky ladies birthday. We were having so much fun with it that it turned into my first editioned publication and the creation of the fictional Mehitabel private press!
binding up the first copy of the book
last book in the press - excuse the mess!
the finished book, buzz buzz

I hope all the recipients enjoy reading their books as much as I did making them. Here's to many more publications for Mehitabel press.

final poem
Illustration for 'Undone' © Laura Long 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment