Subscribe

For treats & updates, sign up to my newsletters here


Thursday 27 August 2015

Daily paintings to music - new Instagram project

Hello hello! So I said I wasn't going to do any more online marketing this year until I had a larger collection of art, but hey I've changed my mind!

I'm currently mainly Pinteresting my new works here: https://uk.pinterest.com/Lauralongprint/laura-long-prints

Feel free to follow me and pin away. I have also just this week become addicted to the wonder that is Instagram and am using that to document my latest daily project, a painting a day.

My printmaking is quite detailed and 'tight' and I've not been painting for ages now. So I've come up with this looser outlet where I paint my own intuitive response to a song of my choice everyday. The photos aren't perfectly polished Insta shots, but that's not the point. They are quick, real photos taken often at night on my phone of my equally quick paintings. I'm hoping to go deeper with my abstract watercolours and maybe come up with some inspirational ideas to bring into my printmaking.

If you want to follow my daily paint splodges I'm @lauralongprint on Instagram. Here are a few taster photos of the week so far:





No comments:

Post a Comment