Subscribe

For treats & updates, sign up to my newsletters here


Thursday 29 August 2013

Christmas already...?and exhibitions

I know, I know it's only August! But, I've just finished my first batch of Christmas card stock, hurray! I used to work in a library and hence have amassed a large collection of old damaged books with missing pages and cracked spines. I've finally found another good use for them as paper cuts for Christmas cards. For the designs, I chose all the things I loved as a child at Christmas:


Even more exciting news.. One of my etchings, 'My Father's Tears,' has been selected for a prize in the New Lights exhibition! This is a competition to promote and support emerging young artists in contemporary art in the North of England. This is particularly special for me, as the print they selected is a very personal piece reflecting on my father's death when I was a child. So I'm just really pleased that his memory will be celebrated in this exhibition.

For anyone who lives in Yorkshire, the exhibition will be on at the Mercer Gallery, Harrogate from 20th Sept – 17th November.

 by Laura Long

 © Laura Long 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment