Subscribe

For treats & updates, sign up to my newsletters here


Monday 16 June 2014

Having a great time at my first bookbinding workshop & scaling big big heights for some new work

So far June has been crazy in an amazing way. I'd been thinking about running some creative workshops for a long time, and then one day someone just said to me, 'why can't you just set up your own workshop?' And I realised, there was nothing stopping me apart from me! So I put up a sign, and in the end people came!

We had a lot of fun and my students made loads of lovely little books. I'm so impressed at their productivity. Having to move the venue to my home/studio actually worked really well too. It was relaxed, cosy and great to be able to have tea breaks out in the garden with the birds singing in the trees.

Here's some pictures from the day. Can't wait to build on this further at my next workshop for the Leeds Waterfront Festival. I'll be there on Sunday 29th June doing a free taster workshop from 10 - 12am!



I also climbed Steel Fell, Calf Crag, Gibsons Knott & Helm Crag last week up in the Lake District. Now I'm brimming with inspiration for an art series about walking in the wilderness. Watch this space!



No comments:

Post a Comment